Table of Contents
Why is zoom so popular?
We’ve seen a variety of scenarios on various blogs on this topic, and now it’s your turn to weigh in. Let’s take a look at why zoom is so popular these days. There are many other applications that are attempting to construct an app similar to Zoom but have yet to succeed. However, there is a fantastic potential for you to create an app similar to Zoom.
What are Zoom meetings, and how do they work?
Zoom is a mobile and web application that is both a browser extension as well as a mobile app. You may view and record the meetings in real-time in your browser or mobile device. Meetings could be recorded on any computer, phone, or both at the same time. All of the video conference calls, whiteboard sessions, chat room conversations, and email messages are available to all other meeting participants in real-time. Zoom’s real-time video conferencing can be accessed via a web browser or a mobile app.
When a meeting member joins or leaves, they can simply scroll down. You can just take your colleague’s phone and display your screen if you wish to share a screen with them. Zoom’s messaging system is another cool feature. You may simply share items with your coworkers, such as specific notes or files that you wish them to see. You can also start a group chat and ask other participants to join if you wish to participate in real-time group collaboration. You may enter or leave a chat directly from your browser or mobile app. You can also record sessions and share them with other colleagues using the Zoom video conferencing technology.
The benefits of adopting Zoom as a conference platform are numerous. Here are a few examples:
- Zoom may record your meetings in real-time, allowing you to meet and negotiate issues that transpired during the meeting in real-time.
- You can always be informed about what’s going on. You may quickly search for specific remarks, see the speaker’s name, and read more comments on the same topic.
- Any document you’re working on can be easily shared with your colleagues.
- When you snap a conference picture using your smartphone, you may see the images you shoot.
That’s not all, though.
You can record presentations, create slideshows, transfer documents, communicate, join teams, share screens, and more to do with this browser extension or mobile app. You can do this with a few simple clicks on the fly, and you don’t even need to provide an email address.
Although Zoom received some consumer & investor complaints due to its insufficient security measures, the company promptly resolved the issues. It’s even possible that the litigation against Zoom had little impact on its success, as Zoom quickly became the preferred video conferencing choice for millions of users around the globe. The benefits of adopting Zoom as a conferencing platform are numerous.
Why is zoom so popular right now?
So, let’s investigate the reasons why is zoom so popular. Is it because of the characteristics? Is it the cost? Is it because of the market’s size? Is Zoom a free service?
Zoom offers a minimalist UI that enhances the experience and is simple to use right out of the box. These are some of them:
- Join a meeting with a single click.
- Zoom is available on every device.
- The audio and visual cues are both automated.
- The screen has a built-in chat feature.
- Screen sharing is made simple.
To use Zoom, you don’t want to be an IT expert. The Zoom Meeting Connector, an extension of Zoom’s cloud architecture that is used in your internal network, can be launched instantaneously on Zoom’s cloud or installed on internal servers in thirty min an onsite using the Zoom Meeting Connector. Zoom also boasts the highest video quality of any video conferencing technology, but it has certain drawbacks. With the free version, you get high-definition resolution, while paying accounts get up to 1080p. The quality of the internet connection impacts the meeting’s quality.
Highlights of the Meeting
Zoom’s meeting capabilities put it ahead of the competition. Among the beneficial possibilities are:
- Virtual backgrounds that are simple to use.
- Emojis allow participants to express themselves without disrupting the discussion.
- Automatic recording for post-meeting note-taking or meeting evaluations.
- Breakout rooms make switching between large group meetings and smaller sessions a breeze.
- Any attendee can share their screen.
- On-the-fly diagramming on a whiteboard.
- Audio content transcriptions.
- Closed captioning is available.
- Rooms for breakout sessions.
As you may recall, everyone with a link could join a meeting in the early stages of the Zoom boom. That function, which was supposed to make Zoom easier to use, backfired when strangers entered and disrupted meetings without the host’s knowledge. Since then, Zoom has developed a number of important security features to safeguard users’ sessions & data, including:
- The host can view and admit guests in the waiting room.
- Notifying attendees that a conference is being filmed allows them to opt-out if they are concerned about their privacy.
- End-to-end encryption of your data in transit from your computer and Zoom’s servers, including video, audio, and chat.
Hosts can also restrict access to certain functions and controls, such as:
- Chat while sharing your screen
- Changing the name of your screen
- Passwords should be required
- Domains that are blocked
- Authentication of attendees
The free version of Zoom provides a long variety of features. The primary disadvantage is that free meetings are just 40 minutes long. Zoom’s free edition contains the following features:
- Up to 100 people can be accommodated.
- For up to 40 minutes, you can have unlimited group meetings.
- One-on-one meetings are unlimited, with a 30-hour duration limit for each appointment.
- Chat in private or in groups.
- Making a recording (local storage only).
- Sharing a screen is a good idea.
- Backgrounds that are not real.
- Rooms for breakout sessions.
- For instant messaging, use chat.
Regarding the participants
The quality of the participation, not only of its members but also the moderators, is one of the most important and popular reasons why is zoom so popular. Some businesses want remote assistance, and when they have trouble locating qualified candidates, they turn to Zoom.